Switching Coasts

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Hella Tight

So I'm moving to San Francisco. Yeah, it's going to be pretty sweet. I've lived on the east coast (upstate NY/Maryland) all of my 21 years of life and I can't wait to break through the candy-coated layer and go west to the tootsie roll center of my dreams!

How many licks does it take?

1 to be a senior in college
1 to reassess my life and decide I really, really should go with the culinary path I once envisioned for myself
1 to have an interview at a culinary academy in SF
1 to fucking fall in love with the city
1 to smile and take in all of the blessed looseness of the city's pot laws

and crrrrunch! done and done.

So myself, my friend Debra, my roommate and her boyfriend are all trekking out there in late summer after we all pass our classes and graduate!

I've been searching around on craigslist for a place to live even though I have been told that it's way too early to start looking for a place for late summer - and it is. There are no openings. But this doesn't stop me from obsessivley checking and re-checking the listings up to six times a day to find that there's another 2-bedroom up for rent in the USF/Panhandle area! And this one has laundry on site! And this one allows cats! and dogs! But ah, they'll be gone... probably tomorrow, to some lucky cunt who doesn't even deserve such a nice place!!! DAMN YOU!

But it's okay, because we'll find a really tight pad. That sounds like something awful. A tight pad. How uncomforting. But that's how they talk over there - 'hella cool' 'tight' 'rad' 'dude.' So I'm practicing. We're going to have a really nice apartment that allows at least cats. At least. And a nice kitchen. And a nice bathroom. With washer/dryer. And hardwood floors. And lots of light. And.

It's 3:13am and I am wide awake dreaming and drooling over San Francisco real estate that I will never be able to have. I'm hella awesome.

1 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger HAK said...

You're a druggie now? Gross.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home